Saturday, June 9, 2012

Simple Baby Potato Salad



I found these beautiful baby potatoes at a farm stand the other day and thought I could use them for a potato salad.  I love potato salad and I have tried many potato salad recipes.  Potato salad is one of those things that can be made with almost anything.  I have made potato salads that have hard boiled eggs,  dill pickles, sweet pickles, carrots, green peas, onions, you name it.  I wanted to free myself of recipes, and also to make something light to balance off our dinner of brown sugar baked beans and dogs and those yummy dinner roles I posted the other day.

Here's what I did.  You could do this with any potatoes.

First, I boiled some water, added salt, and then cooked the potatoes, just until easily pierced with a fork.  You do not want to overcook them.  For these tiny potatoes, this only took about 10 minutes.



Drain the potatoes and then let them cool.  Cut them into bite size pieces.



Then add your ingredients.  I added some chopped cilantro, dill, and chives (all from the garden!).  I also diced some red bell pepper and red onions.  I only used a tablespoon or so of mayonnaise.  If you wanted to, you could add some mustard as well, or a hit of vinegar.  Add salt and pepper to taste, and any other spices you want (curry powder, garlic powder, paprika, you name it).


It was delicious! Very light, very fresh, a nice edition to any summer meal.  Enjoy!

-- Anya


1 comment: